Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A trip home to family...

My weekend was just what I needed! I decided to go to Horton for the entire weekend. Whenever Michael and I go, it's always so fast due to either a holiday or the fact that Michael works every Sat - which means we can't leave town til after 5 on Sat afternoons. So, I decided to come for the whole weekend by myself. I stopped in Topeka to see my wonderful friend, Karen. It was good to catch up and play with Andrew and Ryleigh! I played a little b-ball and got my hair done with lots of bows and a braid...I can always use some pampering! From there, I stopped in Holton to visit my brother, Brad and see his house. We chatted a bit, then I finished my trip to Horton late Friday night. On Sat, Kelsey and I picked up Jason and ate at Breadeaux Pizza. It was good as always. My friend Paula was working and we visited for awhile. Then we went back to Jason's house. Chelsie had just gotten home....we hung out there for most the afternoon. After eating dinner, we met my parents and Brad at home and played some good old fashion Pitch and other card games. It was a lot of fun!

Sunday, we went to church and had lunch, then I headed back to KC to see my husband! We didn't get to hang out too long though. I had girl's night bunco. I met up with some friends, then we went to Lisa's house. It was fun to chat with everyone...and I ended up with the most wins and collected $35! Luckily I had Monday off since I didn't get home til almost midnight! It was a wonderful and relaxing weekend. By the way, Michael had a good one too. He hung out with friends both nights and is now an expert at guitar hero. :) Oh, and he cleaned out the garage so his 1965 Impala fits in it...nice for him to work on it, but not good for me with no space to walk to the deep freeze. Oh well...could be worse things to deal with.

Here is a couple pictures of the awesome crosses Michael got me for Christmas!


No comments: