Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Branson Family Vacation











Last weekend I went with my family to Branson. We all haven't been on a vacation together in years! We left in a rented mini van on Sat morning from my house. After checking into the hotel (the Windmill Inn) and eating, we went to the new show, "Noah." It was good, and the detail and props were amazing! For part of it, the audience was in the arc! When we got back to the hotel, us kids walked down the strip to a fun 50's diner/ice-cream shop. It was fun to stroll down it, but it's no fun trying to drive down it...you move very, very slowly.
















Sunday, we got up and headed to Silver Dollar City. We had lots of fun riding the rides. My favorite was a huge water ride where you are on a raft and fly down a tube that curves back and forth. It was great, but you do get soaked as you can see from a couple of the picts! We also saw a couple shows there....a magic show and a circus on ice show. They were both good, the ice show was awesome! We were exhausted by time we got back to the hotel. I swear we had so much more energy when we were kids at theme parks! We just hung out around the hotel that night.
















Monday, we got up and did some shopping at one of the outlet malls. We got a few bargains there! Then, we headed for KC. On the way we stopped at the Osceola Cheese Store. I had heard good things about it and I do LOVE cheese. You get to sample all kinds of fun cheeses. I bought several for Michael and his family as souvenirs. The ones I purchased: pizza cheese, garlic and herb cheese, beer cheese, wild buffalo wing cheese, and green olive cheese. We got to KC around 6pm. I had a lot of fun, but was ready to be home and see Michael! My family went to a Royal's game after dropping me off to finish up their trip!

No comments: